Maailmanlopun Maraton juostiin reippaassa pakkasessa tonttulakit päässä 20.12.2012 » lue lisää
Route, timetable and program | 20/12/2012 @ 17:00 - Nokia, Finland
Because the event organization is not immensely massive, changes are possible and even likely. Please kindly follow these pages to keep informed.
Note! We will run (or bike) through the route together, at the same pace, which is likely to target at an approximately 5 hour finish.
There is not separate individual timing, in addition to the sport watches. (See this video
for an introduction about the importance of staying together).
- Participation to the event is free of charge
- Participation, and all the risks involved are on YOUR sole responsibility. Although we will try to take care of everyone, this is a real marathon (in December, in Finland, minus degrees, snowstorms, ice and polar bears!). You have been warned!
- It is ok to participate also with a bike, kick sledge, or whatever devices which you can legally steer on the public roads and sidewalks.
- Food (including stuff like bananas) and refreshments (water, sports drink) are served along the route.
- Start (and finish) at Nokia indoor swimming pool (Välikatu 24, map) 20.12.2012 at 17:00
- The route, approximately 42.2 km, will take us around the lake Pyhäjärvi to Tampere and back and even through a couple of somewhat scenic views.
- We will be back at the start (or finish) at 22:00.
- At the swimming pool, it is possible to take a sauna, shower and bath. (There is limited space, make sure to check in the option! Separate sauna and dressing rooms for men and women).
» Register here!